Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I'm Getting Paid For This?

It's amazing that I get paid for what I do on my second, part time, job.

Today I got paid $10 per hour to take a little boy to an exhibit of exotic trees and plants at the Krohn's Conservatory. When we first walked in and he saw the exhibit, he lit up and said "Wow!" He described it as awesome. Afterward we made a McDonalds stop before fighting traffic back home.

Afterward I got to meet the other two boys I'll be working with. They're siblings, so when I was picking up the one I met with tonight I got to meet the other one. We went to a local Megastore and browsed around mostly in the toy section. We even had a really short lightsaber battle. Really short--didn't want to get the hyper 6-year-old riled up or cause a scene in the store. We got along very well and he was fairly well-behaved although he's a handful.

$10 per hour plus mileage.

Am I really getting paid for this? Of course there's also the paperwork I'll have to fill out for billing purposes, but the field work is fun and rewarding even if challenging at times.

No comments: