Friday, August 25, 2006

Blessings in Disguise

The other day Scott had talked about possibly getting together with me and some other friends at Applebees.  Today, we talked and he said he had forgotten he had already made plans with his girlfriend.

That worked out great for me in the end.  I had to go pick up some of my Boys Hope guys from school and drive them home.  By the time I got done with that, it was rush hour, so I stopped at P.F. Chang's for dinner in order to avoid the traffic. 

After dropping off the van, I headed home.  I decided to go for some Dairy Queen before going home though.  Anyway, not long after I had sat down to eat my blizzard, a group of four people walked in.  It was two of my old St. Joe's kids with two staff.  They were very happy to see me, as I was to see them.  I got multiple hugs from each of the kids.  They took their ice cream to go, but both of the kids sat down and talked with me while the staff were waiting for their orders to be made.  It was a good time.

That about made my night.

No comments: