Monday, August 21, 2006

Gnarls Barkley

This has to be my best cd purchase in a long time. I like when a hybrid band comes around which doesn't fit comfortably in just one genre.

Gnarls Barkley's "St. Elsewhere is one of those rare finds. It's somewhere between r&b, alt-rock, jazz, blues, etc. The first track, "Go-Go Gadget Gospel,"is a semi-gospel type of thing and serves mostly as an extended album intro, then goes right into the first single--"Crazy." That's the first tune I heard from these guys. I was hooked just by that one tune. Then I heard "Smiley Faces" on the radio as well. When I heard Gnarls Barkley's cover of the Violent Femmes' "Gone Daddy Gone," I knew I had to pick up this cd.

I'm definitely not disappointed. Every song on this 14-track cd is great.

You've gotta check it out.

No comments: