Thursday, August 03, 2006

Finally almost close to being pretty close to maybe being rested up.

Well, it's been almost a week now since I've been back from Washington D.C. What a wild, fun, exhausting, exhiliarating trip it was.

I was pretty much on duty from 7:30 am each morning until 10:30 or 11:00 pm each night when the boys finally got settled for the night. They were pretty good despite some initial difficulty. I think mostly they were trying to impress the older guys.

Tuesday we visited the Smithsonian Institute. We only got to the museum of natural history and the National Air and Space museum, but there were a lot of fascinating things to see there. That evening, we got out to see the sites in D.C., including the Jefferson and Lincoln memorials, Korean and Vietnam memorials, and such.

Wednesday, we visited the White House and the Capitol building. That evening, we went to the National Zoo, but it was later in the evening and there wasn't much to see. Most of the animals had gone to bed.

Thursday we got to go on a Duck tour. A Duck is an amphibious vehicle, so part of the tour was on land and part on water. It was pretty impressive. After that, we took a drive to Six Flags America for some R&R Six Flags was a pretty small park, really, compared to what I'm used to. But there were a couple of really cool rides. And the few of my guys who were paired with me got to see a whole different side of me. They're not used to seing be be exciteable.

Friday was the long ride home, which we also made fun.

Saturday and Sunday nights I worked at St. Joe's, which wore me out even more. Monday and Tuesday were spend playing catch-up, yesterday we had a meeting for work, and today I had to go to the house and mow the lawn.

So maybe this weekend I'll be able to recoup.

No comments: