Monday, January 07, 2008

Al was bad this morning.

I tend, in my job, to be pretty "old school." I don't like to sugar coat the truth for the kids I work with. This morning was no exception, although I wasn't the most therapeutic.

I totally shut one kid down this morning. It was hilarious. I'll call one kid Sanford and the other DragQueen, as he wants to be a girl.

Sanford and DragQueen were going back and forth with name-calling, Sanford calling DragQueen gay and girl and stuff like that.

Finally I had enough of it. I said, "Sanford, for someone who wants to call someone a girl, you sure are acting like one, calling names back and forth like that."

Sanford got silent and fumed for most of the rest of the morning. Before I left he was cheerful again though. Yeah, it was very untherapeutic and inappropriate, but it worked.

Yeah, I know. I deserve a good boot to the head.

No comments: