Sunday, September 03, 2006

Appreciated

I worked at St. Joe's this evening.  As I walked on the unit, I got mobbed as usual for hugs.  We had a pretty good night, with only a few outbursts (with the staff they have now, that's pretty darn good.  Back when I worked the weekend, outbursts were rare).  The kids were excited to watch the fireworks outside tonight, so we let some of them stay up past their bedtimes a little as long as their behavior had been okay.

My co-workers and my boss were all very appreciative of me as well.  That's a relief after the week I had at Boys Hope.  My coworkers and the kids are good to me, but my superiors at Boys Hope seem to not value me anymore.  So it was nice to go to St. Joe's and have everyone from the clients to my boss be so happy to have me around.

No comments: