Thursday, September 21, 2006

More Work Surprises

As I was about to leave work today, Sister Melanie (our Executive Director)happened to be at the house for dinner. She told me she wanted to talk to me a moment before I left.

We went out into the garage to talk. I guess I'm the only one she is telling at the moment. She told me that she had offered Scott (the guy who was unjustly fired) his job back, and that they were meeting for lunch tomorrow. I guess she must have realized after seeing Darin for what he is that Scott was a better man than she knew. Scott was so obviously set up by Darin--at least to those of us who know the dynamics of the house.

Scott said he wasn't sure whether he'd accept the offer as he may have a better offer on the table, but his heart is very much with the guys at our house.

I'm really hoping he comes back. It sucks being the only male staff. It's good to have the womans' touch over at the house, but when a (boys) place is run mostly or exclusively by women, the boys suffer. Many women who work with kids try to remake boys into what they see as well behaved children--in other words, good little girls. I'm sure that statement may offend some women but it's the truth. It's simply a matter of not understanding what is normal behavior for a boy.

At any rate, as long as they're going to hire someone else, I'd rather it be another man--preferably Scott.

No comments: