Monday, September 11, 2006

Work.

Well, I still don't know whether I'll be going live-in at Boys Hope or not.  Fortunately, it seems my co-workers are seeking my help and guidance more now (guess they realize they don't know everything about how to run the house or deal with the boys after all).  My boss seems to be showing more appreciation of us as well.  I think the stress is lifting a bit and we're all settling down, although the house is still in disarray from not being able to put things in the rooms.  The exterminators will be coming again in a couple weeks, and then we'll probably be clear to put everything back. 

As for the boys, they're being real pains, and my co-workers are pretty frustrated with them.  I took the time to talk 1:1 with a few of them about behaviors and expectations.  Our youngest co-worker (who is having the most trouble with them) got the idea from me as well.  It's good that she wants to tackle the behaviors, but she seems to expect that they'll respond the same way to her as they do to me.  But I've developed relationships with these guys for a year, so it's only natural that at this point they'll listen to me more and be more open with me.

I talked to Darin a few minutes ago.  He seems pretty happy although he misses the boys.  They miss him too.  I actually do as well.  I grew to like the guy, even though initially having to live with him was insufferable.

Well, that's about all I have for now.  I'm hoping to be able to start packing to move into the house soon, but we'll see if my superiors have enough sense to take me on as a live-in again.

No comments: